Thursday, May 10, 2012

Truth

                                                                          Truth



Jesus proclaimed these things regarding the truth ; “ Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice…My sheep hear my voice and I know them , and they follow me …He that is of God heareth God’s words …I am the way , the truth , and the life : no man cometh unto the Father but by me …For God so loved the world , that he gave his only begotten Son , that whosoever believeth in him should not perish , but have everlasting life . For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world , but that the world through him might be saved . He that believeth on him is not condemned : but he that believeth not is condemned already , because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God . And this is the condemnation , that light is come into the world , and men loved darkness rather than light , because their deeds were evil . For every one that doeth evil hateth the light , neither cometh to the light , lest his deeds should be reproved . But he that doeth truth cometh to the light , that his deeds may be made manifest , that they are wrought in God . “
Jesus asked his Father , regarding his sheep , that he might ; “ Sanctify them through thy truth : thy word is truth .”
The gospel of John says ; “ For the law was given by Moses , but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ . “  Jesus had said ; “ If ye continue in my word , then are ye my disciples indeed ; and ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. “
He also said that the truth would abide in Christians ; “ but when the Comforter is come , whom I will send unto you from the Father , even the Spirit of truth , which proceedeth from the father , he shall testify of me …Howbeit when he , the Spirit of truth is come , he will guide you into all truth : for he shall not speak of himself :  but whatsoever he shall hear , that shall he speak : and he will shew you things to come …
If ye love me , keep my commandments . And I will pray the Father , and he shall give you another Comforter , that he may abide with you forever ; even the Spirit of truth ; whom the world cannot receive , because it seeth him not , neither knoweth him : but ye shall know him ; for he dwelleth with you , and shall be in you . “
            Jesus’ dearly beloved disciple John said Christians “ know that we are of the  truth “ , and that ,
“ We are of God : he that knoweth God heareth us ; he that is not of God heareth not us . Hereby know we the spirit of truth , and the spirit of error . “
            The Jewish religious mafia of the day , the Pharisees , envied and hated Jesus because of the miracles he performed , which he said testified of his deity . It was they who inspired the Jewish commoners to desire Jesus’ death . Jesus said they hated him because he told them the truth according to the book of John which reads ; “ I know that ye are Abraham’s seed ; but ye seek to kill me , because my word hath no place in you . I speak that which I have seen with my Father : and ye do that which ye have seen with your Father . They answered and said unto him , Abraham is our father . Jesus said unto them , If ye were Abraham’s children , ye would do the works of Abraham . But now ye seek to kill me , a man that hath told you the truth , which I have heard of God : this did not Abraham . Ye do the deeds of your father . Then said they to him , We be not born of fornication ; we have one father , even God . Jesus said unto them , If God were your father , ye would love me : for I proceeded forth and came from God ; neither came I of myself , but he sent me . Why do ye not understand my speech ? even because ye cannot hear my word . Ye are of your father the devil , and the lusts of your father ye will do . He was a murderer from the beginning , and abode not in the truth , because there is no truth in him . When he speaketh a lie , he speaketh of his own : for he is a liar , and the father of it . And because I tell you the truth , ye believe me not . “
            The gospel of John says this regarding Jesus , the living Word of God , the embodiment of truth itself ; “ And the Word was made flesh , and dwelt among us , ( and we beheld his glory , the glory as of the only begotten of the Father , ) full of grace and truth . “
            In the book of Colossians Paul told Christians this regarding the truth ; “ Therefore let us keep the feast , not with old leaven , neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness ; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth…not rejoicing in iniquity , but rejoicing in the truth . “  The truth is what gives Christians new birth according to the book of James ; “ Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth , that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures . “
            1st John says ; “ And hereby we know that we are of the truth , and shall assure our hearts before him…We are of God : he that knoweth God heareth us ; he that is not of God heareth not us . ..Hereby know we the spirit of truth , and the spirit of error … Who is he that overcometh the world , but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God ? This is he that came by water and blood , even Jesus Christ ; not by water only , but by water and blood . And it is the Spirit that beareth witness , because the spirit is truth .
   

                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment